Software Engineering Advanced
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
Graduates are able to:
- apply specific modelling concepts for web applications.
- plan web applications and implement them using special web techniques and tools (e.g. design patterns).
- present both differences and common features of traditional software engineering and web engineering.
- describe and apply iterative and agile procedure models.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Course "Fundamentals of Software Engineering", courses of the previous semester successfully completed
In this course students learn about special modelling methods for web applications. Students are enabled to effectively use design patterns as well as to develop architectural concepts for web applications. In the field of software engineering they deepen and widen their knowledge about methods, esp. in the area of agile and iterative procedure models.
recommended or required reading
- Pomberger, Gustav: Software Engineering.- Hanser, 2004 - Sommerville, Ian: Software Engineering.- Pearson, 2007
assessment methods and criteria
group work, standardized exam (Multiple choice and short answers
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and task discussion
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. Dr. Hagel Georg
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery