Web Communication & Information Systems PT
Profile of the Program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The Master’s degree program in “Web Communication & Information Systems” concentrates on building competence for the planning and development of complex Web-based applications, and coordinating, consulting or leadership functions at management level.
- Top career prospects thanks to the combination of technology and management
- Accumulation of know-how about mobile platforms and complex Web-based applications
- Practice-focused special expertise e.g. in Cloud services, CMS, e-commerce, CRM, DMS and collaborative systems
- Management of complex software-system development and introduction processes
- Individual choice of specializations
- Media agencies & Web-focused companies
- Project leadership/technical management for complex Web projects and applications
- Strategic development of Web-based business models and innovations
- Management of software development for complex Web-based systems
- IT consulting
Emphasis of studies
- 42 % Technical expertise in Web technologies
- 11 % Management & leadership competences
- 22 % Specialized & generic qualifications
- 25 % Independence & problem-solving skills
Web-based Systems professionals
The core of the qualification profile and hence the primary training objective is all-round knowledge of Web-based systems at a high level. The typical features of this degree program include the development of skills for recognizing patterns and processes and for rapid familiarization with new topic areas. These kinds of systems may be located on the public Web (Cloud services, content management systems, e-commerce systems, etc.) or inside the company (ECMS, CRM, portal systems).
Combining technology & management
At the forefront of the degree program is the development of wide-ranging technical knowledge in the fields of Web communication and information systems. Alongside the key properties of distributed IT infrastructures such as scalability, security and availability, the portfolio of the Master’s program includes tried-and-tested skills in the management of complex software system development and introduction processes. These elements are complemented by subject knowledge on the social impact of Web-based software systems (social software). In addition, professional project and quality management is integrated into the teaching content and elective subjects are used to individualize the training profile.
Freedom to focus
Course content can be individualized by choosing elective modules. Due to the unique integration with other master’s programs,* students learn to work in an interdisciplinary way during their studies and are thus prepared for the challenges of heterogeneous fields of work. In order to make it easier for people with different educational backgrounds to start their studies, an optional preparation course is offered.*Cooperation in elective subjects with other master’s programs: Data Science & Intelligent Analytics, Smart Products & Solutions and ERP Systems & Business Process Management
Core content areas and their interconnection
The subject area of the WCIS Master's program is characterized by two focal points: On the one hand, by the engineering processes from conception to development to operation - on the other hand, by the various technologies and applications for mobile and web-based systems. The diagram names the respective core topics and shows the interaction with which the two focal points intertwine.
Qualification rewardedMaster of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Language of instruction67 % German, 33 % English
Semester abroadSupervised study trip in the 2nd semester
FeesEuro 363.36* (excl. Student Union-fees) each semester
Places per year20
Level of qualification:
second cycle, master
Special grant for applicants to the master study program Web Communication & Information Systems:
Equality grants for citizens from third countries (non-EU, non-EEA, non-CH)